Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Fun at the Dentist
Jay and Logan both had dentist appointments this week and both were not looking forward to it. Logan had to go on Tuesday and had to go under general anesthesia, I was very nervous, but trusted this doctor completely. We got to the office and Logan headed straight for the video games. The doctor came out and talked to Logan and took some vitals and proceeded to give Logan some medication take is supposed to make him tired and get a little loopy. Well Logan did neither, he just continued to play his video game and never got tired. On to plan B we took him back into the office and they gave him a mask to put on his face, he was a little hesitant at first but eventually did it he was out in about 2 minutes. Kinda scary to see your child just pass out in such a quick time. I was told that they would come and get me when the procedure was done. 3 hours later I was invited back. Yes that's right 3 hours. I paced around the dentist office quiet a bit and read some magazines to pass time. He was still asleep when i got there to speak to the doctor. He had to have 2 teeth pulled and some filling done. He said a lot of it was due to the acid reflux he had as a baby. So I took a seat next to him and gently started to wake him up. We were told we could leave when he was talking to me and that he would be very groggy for the next few hours. It is so sad to see your child in pain and not able to stand on his own to feet. He was so wobbly and so disoriented that it just broke my heart. The night went well Thanks to Tylenol with codeine and he is back to him old self this morning. Luckily when Jay had to go today it was a quick procedure, just some sealants on his teeth, but he was hysterical. Needless to say I am so exhausted
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments on "Fun at the Dentist"
I can't believe Logan was able to overcome the first attempt at general anesthesia!!!! What a tough kid.
Post a Comment