Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Funny Prayers


As we all know 3 year olds can say some pretty funny things. We were saying prayer thee other night and this is how it went. Mind you we were having a rough couple of days with attitudes. I proceeded to say the prayer as normal and went on to say,

Mommy: please help Jay and Logan to have better attitudes

Jay: I won't have a better attitude

Mommy: Trying desperately not to laugh continued on with please help us to speak kindly

Logan: I don't want to speak kindly

Mommy: Closed the prayer and looked at Andy with a look of disgust on my face but also trying so hard not to laugh.

So needless to say we had a long talk on attitudes and speaking kindly and they have definitely improved.

Another funny situation. I was at the boys school for moms night and I was having a conversation with their teacher about the boys and how they love singing time. She said they always sings a song right before snack and then proceed with a little prayer. She asked me how we prayed at home. I told her what we do and she started to laugh. She told me that Jay and Logan tell her she is not saying the prayer right. ( They attend parkcrest preschool a christian school) She just says a simple prayer on the snack and says Amen, well Jay and Logan have been telling her that she has to say In the name of Jesus Christ Amen. We laughed and I felt a little bad, but also a little proud that they have been paying attention to how we taught them to pray.

6 comments on "Funny Prayers"

Maosi Fam on March 26, 2008 at 6:32 PM said...

haha that is so funny...they crack me up all the time=) good job on teaching them their prayers!

biddles and scootch on March 26, 2008 at 7:29 PM said...

That is so cute!! Love it! melissa

b + j = calculus on March 26, 2008 at 7:59 PM said...

love it! kids with their prayers are so hilarious...

Rosenlof 4 on March 27, 2008 at 8:33 AM said...

very funny, I can just see their faces as they comment on the prayer. Emily always said the same thing about her prayers at school, although she would never speak up to try and correct the teacher. She's much too shy for that!! haha

Amber Williams on March 27, 2008 at 12:41 PM said...

I love that! It's amazing what a 3 year old really does pick up on, huh?

EvaMarieva on March 29, 2008 at 9:00 PM said...

That is so cute! I love listening to little ones say prayers!

 

The Carr Clan Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez