Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Pillow Fairy
The last couple of weeks have consisted of Jay and Logan climbing into our bed at about 2 or 3 a.m. and making themselves quite comfortable. Now, Jay and Logan are relatively good sleepers, they still take a 2 or 3 hour naps and really don't give me any problems going to bed. The problem now seems to be waking in the middle of the night. I don't mind waking up early but waking up at 2 or 3 seems to put a wrench in my nightly dreams. Due to the fact that Andy and I are very tired of waking up with achy necks, arms, and very sore backs we have taken action. We tried picking them up and putting them back in bed as quite as possible but they seem to wake up and cry and cry a lot. I don't know about any of you but I don't want to hear screaming so early in the morning. They would be so upset and so out of it that I would cave and just let them back in our bed or I would put one in our bed and Andy or I would sleep on the floor of their room with the other child. I couldn't take it anymore, I don't function very well without at least 7 hours of solid sleep. So in my search to find some answers I came across ideas as I was looking at some blogs. The one we have found to work is the pillow fairy. I had a talk with Jay and Logan and explained to them that if they stayed in there own bed all night that the pillow fairy would leave something under there pillow. Now I don't like to bribe, but at this point I don't care. I thought it was a fabulous idea and it works. We have had some great nights of sleep and everyone seems to be in much better moods. Jay and Logan love to see what is under there pillows and I think it makes them feel special to know how proud I am of them. Jay and Logan love hearing positive praise and it makes me smile to see the twinkle in their eyes when I tell them how proud I am. So now hopefully it remains to work and we can have many great nights of sleep and no more achy backs and necks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments on "Pillow Fairy"
I saw this idea too and thought it sounded good. I'm glad you tried it and it worked so well. I'm sure I will be trying it in the future. Thanks for the advice.
Hi Julie!
We did the same thing for the binki. My kids all believe that there is a binki fairy! She would gather all the binki's during the night to give to all the little babies and in return she would leave a gift for the child. It worked and that's all that matters- bribery or not :o)!
Great idea...I gotta try that! We are trying to get Kaci to sleep better in her bed and get rid of her passy...of and potty train...go us!hehe:P
Hey Julie~
THanks for your comment:) I am so happy that he is home. Things have been going so well. We are trying to spend a ton of time together as a family and just as a couple. You know how it is though once you have kids how hard it is to find time to go out. O well!!! Your sons are so cute and i cant believe how fast they have grown up. Well hope things are well with you:) Did you ever get ahold of my sister???
Marie
that is a great idea...thanks for sharing!!!
That is such a great idea I will have to try it!
Post a Comment